Over the summer I’ve been managing the social media accounts of clients in a wide range of industries, from restaurants to spokes-rappers (seriously) to professional organizers. I’ve learned some things along the way, and since I’ve written about using social media as a business before, I think I’ll make some observations about how it works in reality. I’ve been on the frontlines of the social media landscape, and from my trials and tribulations come the following lessons.
- RT @UWMadison: Sweet Sixteen! #Badgers http://t.co/z45QnNzX2J 3 weeks ago
- RT @sepinwall: McConaughey’s speech praised God and family. Very un-Rust Cohle. But now he’s talking about time travel, and it all makes se… 1 month ago
- RT @woodlandalyssa: Pretty sure that if Heaven exists, this is what it looks like: http://t.co/NxWYxWSF3X 2 months ago
- RT @surelyyoujesst: Things more American than America: American cheese, Americanos, American Samoa. Equally American: Canada, Mexico, Venez… 2 months ago
- Is there anything more American than America? “@mindykaling: Llewyn Davis would've hated that ad so much” 2 months ago